Managing Director - Agency, London
The Managing Director, Agency UK (reporting to the CEO) will be responsible for overseeing a key area of the business.
As the leading voice on luxury, we are a global engagement agency that transforms owned insights into powerful, groundbreaking experiences. From memorable events, to global customer loyalty programmes, we are proud to partner with the world’s most luxurious brands.
In 2014 the agency team was created to provide insight, marketing strategies and programmes for luxury brands and those wishing to target high net worth individuals. It’s been a hugely successful addition to the Quintessentially business, with our Clients including Gucci, Bentley, Hennessy, BMW, Samsung, Cunard, Beaverbrook, Selfridges and Virgin, and continues to grow in both size and reputation.
This individual will build, develop and maintain high performing teams while ensuring process standardisation and improvement. The Managing Director will be responsible for the execution of the company’s strategic initiatives and will play a critical role in the overall delivery of exemplary service. This individual will manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and the company’s UK P&L.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Develop, mentor, inspire and retain an effective senior management team
- Ensure that department heads in all business areas have clear goals and objectives (KPI’s), which are in line with the company strategy, and understand the company’s vision
- Foresee issues that could impact the company’s growth and profit, and articulate and develop solutions to present to the CEO
- Proactively and reactively manage stakeholder expectations to a very high standard
- Establish constant communication across the different areas of the business and offices to share best practices and utilise knowledge and skills worldwide
- Make staffing recommendations for key employees in the business
- Leadership and strategy development of day to day team
- Collaborate with teams to develop and oversee implementation of improved workflow integration, efficiencies and proactive problem solving
- Ensure process improvements support business strategies, yield higher productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Analysing monthly P&L to discover challenges and make decisions to ensure cost containment alongside the CEO
- Recommend and implement best practices across all teams
- Own priority escalations and delegate complex resolutions
- Champion the development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Manage team performance
- Analyse market trends and study key competitors to make informed strategic decisions, remediate business and reputational risk, whilst maximising opportunities for the business
- Ensure that all accounts are meeting KPI’s to ensure renewal and growth
- Represent the brand at key events
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 + years' experience within an agency
- Luxury experience is highly desirable
- Understanding of luxury brands and the behaviours of UHNW’s
- A proven track record of managing a senior management team
- In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and best practices
- Proven analytical and strategic skills
- Strategically confident
- Understanding of Procim is desirable
- Well-connected and regarded in the industry
- Ability to articulate and implement robust customer journeys
- Ability to respond quickly to changing needs and adapt as necessary to meet new challenges
- Ability to resolve conflicts and customer complaints
- Proven ability to attract, hire and retain high performing teams
- Driven, detail-oriented and calm under pressure
- Skilled, persuasive communicator
- Fun and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent time management skills with an eye for detail and forward-thinking mind set
- Ability to prioritise & meet deadlines, handle pressure
- ‘Can do’ attitude; proactive & reactive approach - anticipate client/ team needs, show initiative
Hours of Work
Contractual hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
However, it may be the case that in order to fulfil the duties of the role, different or additional hours may be necessary. Requirement to be on call outside working hours in case of service-related emergency.